Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Politics...
My husband has really been forcing me to be aware over the last 8 years. Aware of what is happening in our world. Not just watching the news, but investigating outside mainstream media and finding truth.

I take things hard and the truth has been depressing and hard to face. Sometimes he wants me to watch things and I just don't have the will to watch more bad news. He may think I'm being close minded and lazy, but the future that I'm seeing through all this awareness is one with no hope.

It's easier to stay in my bubble, go to work, come home to my boys, watch and listen to "news" about Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, entertain and occupy my time with TV shows and movies that won't matter in the end.
But the truth of it is, that I'm lying to myself by just staying in my bubble. Eventually, everything that is happening in the world right nowwill affect everyone.

So the point of this is, I need to start educating myself for the 2008 election and find the one person that represents my own voice. I encourage you to do the same.

YouTube has made it easy for us again.
Just click and watch and let the awareness wash over you....
YouChoose08



Note: I'm an independant, although I've voted democrat for presidential election since I was 18. I'd love to see a woman or person of color as US President, but that person would have to be the best candidate. Ultimately, I'm looking for someone that can change the world for the better.

Philip showed me something last night that gave me a tiny bit of hope and that's all I've been asking for these past couple years. Ron Paul...and yeah, he is a republican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home